Presenting this incredibly rare piece of automotive history, the 1941 Cadillac Series 75 Fleetwood limousine
Featuring a Special Order S/O designation on the data plate which includes a two-tone interior, as well as exterior and a Brown Leather front section. And the only other brown leather interior owned by Howard Hughes (source Ed Sholakian, all Cadillacs of the 40s and 50s) Commonly referred to as the “Standard of the World”, this very rare Series 75 Fleetwood Limousine with the five-seat configuration (with additional folding front-facing seats, seat belts are attached but easily removed). This electronic partitioned vehicle is powered by an upgraded 1947, 5.678 liter L Head engine V8 developing 120 Horsepower, almost identical to the 1941. Only a handful of Series 75 are left and this could be the only S/O example still out there. Only a handful were built with the five-seat configuration (including front-facing jump seats). 1941 was the first year for the hydromatic automatic transmission. This vehicle is rust-free and comes with original manuals, booklets, and extra sets of interior accessories as mentioned below. The car includes the original custom steering wheel, in matching color to the leather. Best interior in existence for these cars!
The odometer reads 64,325 miles, we have no reason to believe this is not correct. The body is very straight, but not perfect, NO rust. The chrome is also very nice, but on the exterior only, shows its age.
The current owner’s plan was to bring this elegant example back to life, including some of the most rarified period correct touches all throughout, thus he made many upgrades that DO NOT detract from the overall aesthetic of the grand pre-war classic.
This truly stunning motorcar has undergone a partial restoration (interior totally restored) and is now ready to be shown or driven! We are proud to offer this limited production Cadillac Imperial Series 75 to the sophisticated collector, investor or enthusiast who understands and appreciates the rarity and investment potential of this great American classic.
Here are some of the upgrades, recent service and other notable factory options that set this Series 75 apart from the rest:
- Engine was replaced with an identical unit to the 1941 (1947)
- Current Owner Repainted the Two-Tone Roof in House of Kolor’s ‘BrandyWine’ from the original factory color
- Rare Factory Fog Lights Optioned in Amber (not yellow, a common option)
- Immaculate Piano Black and Chrome dash and all other interior accents, as well as a perfect Wood Trimmed Interior.
- Rebuilt Transmission
- Fabric (front and rear) are immaculate.
- Sway Bars were added to reduce lean on turns.
- Red Accents on all 4 wheels, almost impossible to find.
- Added 1940’s OEM Spotlight to Driver’s Side
- OEM Fulton Sunshield, intact and in fantastic condition. Very Hard to find.
- Original period 1940s Bakelight Umbrella located in the front Passenger Footwell. Mint condition.
- Authentic 1940’s Art Deco Flashlight located on the steering column
- Authentic 1940’s Temperature Gauge (dash-matching chrome/black) sitting magnetically to the center of the dashboard.
- Two Extra, beautifully finished Cigar Lighters
- Original “Yankee Stop Light” on the rear-right, above the bumper to balance the backup light on the left side.
- New Set of Hood/Grille Medallions
- Spare Period-Correct Blue Green Glass Bud Vases & Blue Bud Vases (Very Expensive Originals)
- Exterior Black Paint not perfect, great driver quality (local shows)
- Recently painted Brandy Red Paint in excellent condition
- Glass is all perfect
- Wood presents itself in pristine original condition with the three lighter wood in-layed (almost unheard of).
- Interior functions: lights and divider window work perfectly.
- Headliner and visors in great condition
- Original Running boards with chrome strips are very solid
- NO bondo, very solid body.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1941 Cadillac Series 75 (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: powertoweightmotorsport
Location: Van Nuys, California, United States